Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seeking Advice re purchase

newfloridian
newfloridian Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
I am replacing an old gas grill and am consiering a Weber or Duchane or Kenmore but I am intriqued with the egg. What should I get?

Comments

• After my boss spent weeks in Augusta burn center from a gasser blow up I trashed both my gassers and now have two Eggs. Go Egg, Large. Smiles to you.
  • With an egg you can grill steaks at 700 degrees, cook a brisket all day at 250, bake pizzas, bread, and pies. Many eggers make jerky. It can so many things, and do them all extremely well. I have never had bbq'ed chicken that is as juicy as egged chicken. You will get many more responses if you post your question in the egghead forum. At the top of this page on the left there is the forums tab, click on it, then the first one will be "egghead forum." Click on that one.
  • You may not like the answers you get here but if you follow their suggestions you will be very happy.
    Trust me! B):)
    My suggestion.Get the large Big Green Egg.I have three other cookers/ smokers.I haven't used any of the others since I got my LBGE in August.
    Jon
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    My Ducane Gas Grill is now an expensive warming oven. You won't go wrong with a BGE.
    I would reccomend the large.
    Besides, you get to meet all these nice people, some of whom are more or less sane!
    Capt Frank :lol: