Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

today's cookoff

Options
Large Marge
Large Marge Posts: 404
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a bunch of the neighbors over for a cookoff/party/firepit, only one brave soul dared grill against the Marge...he made some tasty drumsticks on the gas grill :sick: but my Wise's wings were gone before I had a chance to eat but a few. I saved the tri-tip for later, after most of the party had left...as I knew it would be special and not enough to go around!

IMG_5671-1.jpg
Egg is lit, awaiting guests and any cookoff takers...

IMG_5672.jpg
My first entry: About 60 of these tasty buggers. Marinated overnight in Bill Wise's Georgia Red Wing recipe. 20 of them got a variation - I added half a can of chipotles adobado with clinging sauce, minced up in the marinade, the other half went into a finishing sauce comprised of butter/oil, Texas Pete's, white, black and cayenne pepper, and 3 tbs of honey - hot hot hot and goood. :evil:

IMG_5688.jpg
Once the party died down, the bonfire (and a few cigars) lit, the stragglers were treated to seared tri-tip (rested, then finished at 400) that was rubbed with Spade L Ranch beef seasoning. You simply have to try it.

IMG_5691.jpg

Comments