Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

TONIGHT\'S COOK: TRex Ribeyes!!

Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited 8:36PM in EggHead Forum
Some nice ribeyes, rubbed down with some peanut oil and some Alamo Salt Works Southwestern:
IMG_4342.jpg

Finishing up the TRex sear:
IMG_4344.jpg

Roast phase on the adjustable rig:
IMG_4346.jpg

My plate: some ribeye, broccoli, pancit (Filipino noodle dish,) and some jasmine rice. Diet Coke to wash everything down. Really good one this evening!
IMG_4350.jpg

Cheers!

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL!!! :)
  • DeplesisDeplesis Posts: 215
    Beanie the dish looks great, but Diet coke? That rib eye is screamin for a big Cali. Cab
    Thanks,
    Bob
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Good looking meal Mike and nice to see you back
  • RobinsRobins Posts: 131
    Beanie,

That my friend is a great looking meal! :woohoo: But I'm with Hoss on the Cab!

Paul
  • RobinsRobins Posts: 131
    Sorry
    Deplesis was the one who mentioned the Cab!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Great looking plate fo food! Crossmarks are spot on!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Not to veer off course, but what is the salad with the beans? Looks good, too. Sweet and vinergary?
  • That looks awesome
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Hey Mike,

Lookin' good. Final plated pic looks delicious. How long on the trex?
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    It's not a salad--it's a Filipino noodle dish called pancit. Basically, rice noodles with veggies and chicken.
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Approx 90 sec/side for the sear, and the roast went about 14 1/2 min on the top grid of the adjustable rig for a mid-rare finish.
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Now my boys cook'en again! When you start toasting ribeyes I know all is right with the world! ;)