Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which Food sealer to buy!

Options
AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In the market for a vac sealer. Had been looking at the foodsavers and found the Cabelas CG-15. Don't want to have to buy one just to have to buy a replacement in a year or two. So is the one at Cabela's worth the extra money upfront (refurbed ones are $100 cheaper than a new one).

So if anyone has the one from Cabela's, do you like itanddid it replace a foodsaver brand.

And which foodsaver model do you recommend if you had to get a foodsaver.

Thanks
alwaysgolf

Comments

• ILL--EGGER
    Options
    I bought this one at Bed Bath and Beyond and have had great results.
    DSCN3081.jpg
  • highpress
    highpress Posts: 694
    Options
    I was looking at buying a foodsaver a couple weeks ago. I read all the reviews for the different models from amazon and different internet sources. It seams like there were ALOT of mixed reviews...I dunno. Couldn't really find a model that "was a smash hit"

Seemed to be a lot of negative reviews about the new models are bad, they don't work well, etc. I actually ended up buying a "Seal-a-Meal" :ermm: from wal-mart for $50. It actually has higher marks on walmart.com (over 4.5 stars from 20+ reviewers) than the various food saver models and a whole lot cheaper. Plus i wasn't sure how much food saving i'd be doing, and i didn't want to spend $200 on a food saver that i only wanted to use once or twice a week.

I've only used it once, seamed to work really well. Never had a food saver, so i can't compare. So check it out..But if your intent on a food saver, there's a real good deal on one here:

http://www.buy.com/prod/foodsaver-v2040-vacuum-sealer-kit-w-tilia-foodsaver-gallon-size-bags/q/loc/66357/209000351.html?adid=17654
  • hotsauce
    Options
    I bought the FoodSaver from Costco over the weekend (online). Should be here this week.

Hopefully I like it. I'm with you, the reviews are all over the board. Makes me nervous...
  • Smoke
    Smoke Posts: 12
    Options
    I have the Game Saver Pro, and it is re-furbished and Have had no issues with it , I bought it off of Ebay as Re-conditioned and have had no issues with it and I saved over 100.00 on it. Good Luck.
  • ranger ray
    Options
    i have the cabela's cg 15.... it's the ulitmate "suck and seal"... with out a doubt!.... i tried all of the "homeowner" types to no avail.... if you check their :bargain cave" you can get a tremendous saving... contact the manufacturer direct..."prago-trade"/// thay can be a big help in saving some money.... service and advice is excellent!
  • ranger ray
    Options
    if you want a"pro model that you;ll hand down gererations..... get the cabela's' cg 15..... it will crush coke cans like in the demo...and the seal holds.... for the yuppy types.... i suck and re seal my starbucks coffee bags with no effort too....when traveling by air.... i suck and seal to compress all of my toliet items.... the officers seem to like the fact that they are easily searched and identified...in one tight bag...
  • Ex-Gasman
    Ex-Gasman Posts: 287
    Options
    Dont know if it was a mistake, but Sams Club in my town marked them down to 55.96.