Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon results, and Boccie`s nuts..Long

WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I posted the picumentary of the salmon cook on my website, under the "cooks" section, thanks to all those that provided tips to my questions...all in all it was great, Sally thought the cedar was a bit overpowering, as all cooks are this was a learning eggsperience...with all that done and the egg hummin around 350ish...with all this ruckus on this board lately, and my peaked curiosity...I said to myself...."SELF" ....lets play with Boccies nuts...Sorry Nikki, its all the fault of everyone here who keeps mentioning them....these things are on the same universal parralel as ABT`s...damn theys good..was eatin as they cam off, and been eatin em most of the morning. These are gonna make wonderful christmas gifts.....Now mentioning gifts brings me to my next....tip.....I think I may have found a great trick to getting the salt on the almonds.....we was in Costco and stumbled on to this wonderful set of salt and pepper mills form "Olde Thompson" and we picked one up to give as a gift, wine bottle shaped thingies...well I got to thinkin as I`m spicin up these nuts...you know that salt mill will prolly do a real good job at this.....so...I open up the box ( a hell of a deal $20 and both bottles are completely full sea salt and gourmet pepper blend) and get the salt mill out and set it to the finest it will grind...this stuff is comin out like flour.....and me being the thoughtful person I am, want to make sure that I aint given away a defective gift..LOL....anyway, all said and done, we need to buy another set, as I used about 1/3 of the salt in the mill, ended up with an 8 quart stock pot almost full of almonds and pecans.....gonna foodsave em in pint mason jars and share the wealth..LOL...Sorry for being so long winded..Man this is fun..[p]Wess

Comments

• WessB
    WessB,
    Doooooohhhhh.....forgot the link..[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Tanya
    Tanya Posts: 87
    WessB, Looks fantastic! I don't have a cedar plank so should I do this indirect or use a drip pan? The sauce sounds delicious!

• WessB
    Tanya,
    My cook is "based" on the recipe in the "Submitted Recipe" section at the top of the forum....sent in by "Gretl" read through her directions and adapt as necessary..this was our first with the planks.....[p]Wess

[ul][li]Gretl`s salmon[/ul]
  • Tanya
    Tanya Posts: 87
    WessB, Thanks, I think I'm going to try this. Wish me luck!

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    WessB,[p]Ok, you made me laugh out loud. Had people around here looking at me funny. I'm glad my nuts are so well taken, makes me proud! LOL (there's a stumpbaby story in there somewhere!)[p]Grinding the salt and using popcorn salt are two great suggestions that have been offered. I will try them both. I knew together we would all figure out and refine this procedure! When we're done we'll have a solid method.[p]I roasted some almonds at work in the oven and only used table salt, no oil... of course no smoke.[p]Well, I ended up throwing those tastless things in the trash. Blah![p]Gotta have the smoke flavor! :-)[p]I have never cooked on a salmon plank... one more thing I need to try.[p]I hope you and Sally are having a great holiday season. From the look of your cooking I think you are![p]-Rick