Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Pork Loin

Options
RibZilla
RibZilla Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to all of you on this forum, I did the dirty deed and bought a large BGE and a Polder very recently. The tips and tidbits you provided made assembly a breeze and saw me through my first cook, a 17 lb. turkey brined using John Asche's brew. Absolutely excellent -- best turkey ever, according to the family. Technical glitches -- I need a better container for brining as I kind of messed up the fridge. Also, about 2-1/2 hrs into the cook the temp. started dropping and I had to add lump. All in all,though, a solid success. Even the leftovers are moist with a delicate smoky flavor.[p]For my next act, I'm doing a stuffed pork loin using Mr. Toad's technique and stuffing recipe. Can anyone suggest a marinade for the pork or will wrapping it with bacon make marinating unnecessary? thx[p]