Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Roasted Garlic & Balsomic 10 Minute Marinade

SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
edited 2:56PM in EggHead Forum
Last week I found this marinade at Sam's (come in a 1.95 liter bottle. Brand is Consorzio ... never heard of it). I marinaded a few breasts over night and had guests over tonight. It is some good stuff. I don't know about only marinading for 10 minutes, but after an overnight bath and some heat, the chicken developed a nice tan and the marinade carmilized to give a nice flavor.

Comments

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Smokey, I am a bit, yet pleasantly, surprised that Consorzio products can be found at Sam's. They use only the finest ingredients and everything that they sell, of what I've tasted, is excellent. They make a line of herb & spice infused oils that hooked me when they first came on the market. ( We bought the oils by the case before they were sold around here). Bone appétit! JCA
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    J Appledog,[p]Thanks for the info. I'll be looking for more of their things at Sam's!

• bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
    J Appledog,
    Speaking of marinades...my wife marinated some pork tenderloin in your jerk sauce for a few hours before throwing them on the egg...it doesn't get any better than that, Julie!
    bd