Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to be a hero at the office party

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
and no, i didn't pull down my drawers and sit on the copier!!. . .[p]made pulled pork for our pot-luck luncheon today. . .got two 8 - 9 LB shoulders. . .injected them with apple juice/chicken broth/apple cider vinager and dizzy dust. . .rubbed with dizzy dust. . .smoked for 18 hours over lump and two big pieces of apple wood, at average temp of 225. . .came out of the egg at 11:am this morning and straight to the office for the lunch. .. did the old 'pull' demo to everyone's amazement and delight. . .had rolls and bottles of sweet baby ray's, bone-suckin sauce, and ken stones happy pappy to top it with. . .people just couldn't believe that a co-worker could make bbq like that. . .heard comments like "that's better than any pork i've ever had a restaurant around here". . .[p]hey, i doubt that it was any better than what all of you typically produce as well. . .but to people who haven't been 'egged', they just lit up eatin that stuff. . ..it was goooood. .. .. i think they are going to want more. . ..

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Good work. They remember you for the all of the work you put into smoking that (up all night tending to the fire ... yah, right. You have an Egg. "You just set it and forget it")! [p]But seriously, I'm sure you did a good bit of work and made many people happy!
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, I cooked pulled pork for a group at work of 40 last spring. Last week I was in New York attending a meeting with some of the folks. They took me to a BBQ place for dinner and when the waitress came to our table, they announced: "Your BBQ better be good because this man makes the best BBQ pork you have ever tasted." Fortunately, the restaurant served no BBQ pork (ribs and chicken only) so I didn't have to compare mine with theirs. However, it is nice to know that people do like pulled pork off the egg. It really creates a 'folk legend' of you real quick.

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I did the same thing with a smoked turkey. Same response. In fact one of our people went out and bought an Egg.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Smokey,
    actually, one of these days i'm gonna really learn to trust the egg. . i got up twice in the middle of the night to check temps and both times it was holding rock solid at 225. . .i could have slept the whole way through. . .but i don't do that many overnighters so i'm not as trusting as i should be. .. .funny though, when the butts plateaued around 160 at 5:00 am, and were still that way at 8:30, i trusted the egg enough to go to the office for a couple of hours, and when i got back to the house at 11:00 they were right on 195 - 200 and ready to be pulled. . ..

• LOG
    LOG Posts: 85
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Sounds Great, and much like my cook for last Fridays company pot luck. I cooked both of my shoulders over a good size brisket. People were impressed.
    Jeff Bouchard