Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Chops!

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited 11:09AM in EggHead Forum
BGE_W042400_183808.jpg
<p />The pork chops were great, they always are. But, if you've seen one picture of chops, you have seen most. [p]It is absolutely beautiful in Peoria tonight - moved the patio furniture and the fern back out to the deck - the result is this year's version (unless I come up with a better one) of my BGE at work! [p]Best wishes for a great evening to all![p]
·

Comments

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Gfw,
    I have a pork chop confession:
    My favorite pork chops come from a market in Onekama, MI, where color photos of the award-winning 4-H livestock, proudly wearing their blue ribbons in happier days, appear on the wall behind the meat counter. Worse yet, I am a big fan of Shake 'n Bake. Sometimes I rub a bit of (house brand) jerk on my pork chops, coat them with Shake 'n Bake and cook them, indirect, on the BGE. Oink. JCA

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    J Appledog, we all have our DEEP DARK secrets... what's yours? Have a great evening!

·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Gfw,
    What do you do with your porky chops before you toss them on the egg? Are these bone in? Butterfly? I do a LOT of pork chops. Could use some inspiration.

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    MollyShark, these were simple thin (5/8 inch)chops with very litte inspiration...[p]They were boneless, marinated in mustard and coveded with rub for about 4 hours - dome temp at 650 for 2min/3min/2min - flipped between times - served with salsa and new potatoes. [p]Nothing special but always so good![p]The Salsa...[p]3 fresh ripe medium tomatoes, chopped
    1 medium white onion, micced
    2 tbls chopped jalapeno chiles
    1/4+ cup fresh cilantro
    3 tablespoons lime juice
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt [p]
    Salsa and pork are a natural![p]Gfw[p]

·
  • Dr. ChickenDr. Chicken Posts: 620
    MollyShark,
    I have a thing for pork chops too! I don't care how they are done, just so they are not over cooked. I did butterflyed chops tonight in fact! I bought a boneless pork loin and brought it home to divy up into meal sized portions. I cut the chops 2" thick, then butterflyed them! I then sprinkled a little of Adolph's unseasoned, No MSG, No Sodium tenderizer ( Blue cap, Blue label)on each side after moistening each chop.(This is the straight stuff that is basically papsin from the Papaya tree. Nothing else!) I covered them with plastic wrap and stuck them in the fridge about 2pm until 7pm when I put them on the Egg! I fired up the Egg to 600 degrees, flopped them baby's on the hot grill for 3 minutes on each side. Then just before I closed everything down, I sprinkled some Montreal Steak Seasoning on the up-side of each. I closed everything and let them sit in the 'sauna' called BGE for 6 minutes! They were done to purfection! I mean purfection![p]Try this method, you won't be disappointed![p]Dr. Chicken

·