Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

smoke on a butt

ChainsmokerChainsmoker Posts: 106
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I follow Elder Ward's instructions to the letter. However, after about 30 minutes, the "smoking" stops. I am using a fist-sized chunk of hickory on a small pile of glowing coals, so I don't think it's burning up that quick. Any comments? [p]Oh yeah, I still get a pretty good smoke ring in the meat. [p]Thanks
Chainsmoker

Comments

• chainsmoker,
    Well, wood will smoke a lot to begin with but then the smoke will get thinner and less visible. I've seen a lot of folks describe a thin blue stream of smoke. One thing you can do if you want to ensure you have smoke all thru the cook, however, is the following: When you build your fire, load up the charcoal until you are about 2 inches from where you want to be. Then put 3 or 4 fist size pieces on the lump in a circle around the middle. The finish adding charcoal around the chunks up to the level that you want. As your fire burns down, those extra chunks will produce smoke later in the cook. Good luck![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz,
    you da man!
    (and I love your website)[p]chainsmoker