Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Help! # lbs Pork Butt to serve 35 people?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am serving 35 homeless folks pork BBQ tomorrow night from my BGE. How many pounds of pork butt do I need to get? [p]Thanks![p]Jolly Ollie
Richmond, Virginia

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Jolly Ollie, figure 2.4 servings per pound of raw meat. Question is: how many servings do you need for 35 people. I would suggest 70 which means almost 30 pounds of meat. And by the way, bless you for your generosity.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Jolly Ollie,
    I did 4 butts, about 30 pounds, for 37 women at a shelter. There was none left, but many took seconds. That allowed me about 1/2 butt for myself. Hope this helps and good luck![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • GreenEggs&Ham
    Options
    Jolly Ollie,
    2 months ago, did 32 lbs. of pork butt (raw), two on raised grill, two on standard grill, with platesetter, figure 18 hrs. for standard (200 deg.)cook. You need to check each butt individually, as all were not done together. Took a fair bit of work to feed 35+ people, but was great success! Good luck & Bless your charitable work.