Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kenny G's Chili

Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I cooked Kenny G's award winning Chili that I first tasted at Eggtoberfest in Atlanta.It was great, but not as good as Kenny's.
Kenny if you read this post, post the recipe again on the forum; it is a lot of ingredients, but the results speak for themselves.
Hammer[p]

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Hammer,[p]I'm glad you enjoyed but can't understand why it didn't come out the same.[p]Recipe link is below.[p]What a minute, I know now. I forgot to mention that it has to be the very first cook on a new virgin Egg.[p]K~G

[ul][li]Chili[/ul]
  • Hammer
    KennyG,
    I suspect that the reason that it didn't turn out as well, is because it didn't have the master's touch. There are many artists who have tried to duplicate people like Picasso etc; however there is alway's something that distinguishes it from the original.
    I was in no way dissatisfied with my result's. Other than your's it was the best Chili I have ever tasted.
    Hammer

• Hammer,[p]Did you use beef broth, beer or wine? That is one part of the recipe where you choose your own destiny. I also wonder if cooking the chili in a cast iron pot may change the flavor. When I scrape the pot and taste the residual sauce, it does have an iron taste. I see that Kenny cooks his in a S.S. pot. I've tried KG's recipe and it is absolutely delish. However, I have never had the pleasure of trying his in person. Mac
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Mac in NC,
    I have a lodge 5 qt dutch oven and remember awhile back reading something about not using cast iron with certain foods. (acidity type foods,tomato sauce,etc.???? I'm sure someone will chime in about it. This was when all that talk about the expensive French dutch ovens were being discussed. I don't have a clue if it would make a difference so will hope the more experienced will add to this.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• Hammer
    Mac in NC,
    I used an Italian Cabernet Sauvignon re; Bella Sera. It is not a big Cabernet,but not to soft either. It was just right, and I enjoyed the Chili with the remainder of the bottle.
    I used a lodge Dutch Oven, and it was great. Kenny G used a Haste-Bake at the Eggtoberfest in Atlanta.
    Hammer[p]