Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Page loading speed too slow...can I adjust?

Options
Ricklesss
Ricklesss Posts: 391
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
This forum has become my favorite, I can spend easily spend waaaay too much time here!
However, it's also extremely frustrating, because it takes far too long for any page to be loaded, or anything else I click on.
I'm a forum member of half a dozen other sites, and have never had this problem before, or even now.
There is some difference, but heck if I know what it is....I'm really not that smart when it comes to the technical stuff...
Please help..it's like living with dial up, only s lot worse.
ALSO, HINT/CLUE: at the very top left side of the screen those 18 hash marks (fluid width, default size, contrast, hide left etc) don't look
"quite right."

NO other problems with website, at all...
Please help!
Sincerley,
RicklessssssS

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Ricklesss,

We had a server crash and reboot around 12:30pm today.
    Sometimes we do see high loads on the server causing slow response times. We are investigating the cause of these periodic issues.
  • WMK
    Options
    Rickless,

I found and fixed a couple of "bad" database queries in the forum component. The forum, and the site in general, seem quite a bit quicker now. What do you think?
  • Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    Options
    Thanks for the reply WMK.
    Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem.
    Really put's a damper on using the forum, definitley one of my very favorites! (I sooo love my egg...)
    Just now it took aprox. 40 seconds for this page to come up. That's the way it ALWAY'S is. No matter what..
    I'm starting to think it has something to do with AOL?
    I tried accessing the forum on a couple other computers, and same story...loooong wait time.
    Also, I just learned and joined (don't worry I'll always be "an egger"!!) 2 other ceramnic forums, and they both act normally, just like the myriad of other motorcycle forums I belong to...
    Any other thoughts?
    Any other AOL members having any problems?
    Thanks!
    RicklessssssssssS
  • WMK
    Options
    Rickless,

I'm not sure if any of our other AOL members are currently having problems; however, the AOL browser is not a good one. I'd recommend using FireFox, or IE, or Safari, instead of the AOL browser.

The forum is responding within a second to load any message for me; and, generally quickly on loading the main index (quite fast on "Forum Feedback" index).

Your issue appears to be connection speed, computer speed, or browser speed related. Since you tried several computers (unless they are all of the same type), then that leaves some type of connection issue (e.g. Internet path from your area to our server is slow for some reason); or, you could try a different browser.
  • Ricklesss
    Options
    Lately I've been using Firefox and sometimes Chrome, and the problem seems to be fixed.
    Through AOL, it is so slow, it's ridiculous.
    I would like to hear from another AOL member, though...
    Thanks,
    RicklesssssssS