Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sourdough Bagels on the BGE

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]I had some starter that needed to be refreshed and thought I'd put another batch of bagels on the BGE. They were sort of an everything bagel with some minced garlic, sesame seed, fresh herbs and poppy seed added to the dough. I boiled them about 7 minutes then washed them with an egg white wash and sprinkled on some more seeds, the plopped them on the egg with some more of that sage wood that I have. They turned out great, nice and chewy and wonderful outer crust. I did half a batch in the egg and half in the oven. Cooked them for 20 minutes on one side, turned, washed with egg and seeds again, then 10 minutes more. Great. You can really taste that sage smoke flavor on the egged bagels.[p]Now, a little cream cheese and jelly and I'm set for breakfasts for the week.[p]Troy

Comments