Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oswego and Lake Oconee

Options
Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got back from a great weekend up in Oswego at the 2nd annual Eggwegofest. This fest is one of the best out there. It had a perfect amount of cooks to non cooks and all of the folks cooking were outstanding cooks. Nancy and Dave are awesome folks and they work their butts off for this fest and it definitely shows. I'm still sorting through some pictures that I will try and post later. If you're anywhere near IL or are thinking of planning to travel to a fest next year this is a good one to go to.

While I was up in IL the better part of Team Bobby-Q was down at the Lake Oconee BBQ contest. They were down there competing against some very tough teams which included Sam and Diane from Jus fer Fun, Dan from Big Green Eggs and Ham, and Lawrence from Daddy Pat's BBQ. Charlie and Tom did an awesome job and proud as heck of their 3rd place overall finish. I know Jus Fer Fun was right behind them and so was Daddy Pat's. We had 3 EGG teams finish in the top ten which is a pretty cool thing. I am very proud of all you guys, you all did an awesome job!!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Very cool indeed!! Glad the fest was a hit!
    Happy Birthday!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Congrats to them all,,,,great job
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Bobby,
    Glad to hear you had a great time in Oswego. Unfortunately we had to change our plans the last min. Congratulations to the egg teams that finished in the top ten. I look forward to meeting you in Atlanta!
  • Carbonizer
    Options
    Bobby, it was nice to meet you. MAybe next year we combine our efforts to get Dobiedad and Gloria to attend. They make a great Vidalia onion pie!!!!
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Bobby,
    Thanks for coming to Eggwegofest. It's nice to hear that enjoyed it so much. I know we loved having you there. Unfortunately, I was so busy cooking and racing around the tent trying to grab samples before they disappeared, that I forgot to take many pictures. I know my wife had the camera for a bit, but I'm guessing when I plug the memory card in tonight they're all going to be photos of the baby...we'll see.
    Ben
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Great job by all the BGE teams...and glad you had a great time at Eggwegofest... :)

now on to Eggtoberfest!!!!! :woohoo:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    It was nice chatting with you Saturday. Just in case you need an alibi here's proof you were in Illinois! :laugh:
    IMG_2842.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.