Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mapp Pro Problem Hopefully Solved

Options
Smoking Coles
Smoking Coles Posts: 230
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've seen a couple of posts where people are experiencing the "Flame Going Out" problem with the new Mapp Pro gas as I am. I saw this the other day at Home Depot and I had a gift card, so what the heck. I've tested it in the garage, and it seems that as long as the bottle is upright you can use the hand torch part in any direction with no problems. It also is self igniting when you pull the trigger which eliminate the hand sparker. Haven't been able to try it out yet on the egg though, as the rain in Atlanta has returned with a vengence. I believe I paid $59.99 for it. It's a little expesive, but a good new toy if you have a gift card! B)

MappPro001.jpg

MappPro003.jpg

MappPro002.jpg

Comments

• ChrisC
    ChrisC Posts: 107
    Options
    I wonder if the problem is not coming from the quality of the gas itself. For years I used the real stuff but last time at Home Depot all I could get was the Worthington brand that you show in your photo. Much less pressure, not close to the heat as the other brand and this bottle seems to go out much more often...
  • cahuck
    Options
    This is what I use too. Love it but do wish the wand was a few inches longer.