Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork loin Backribs Boneless?

Options
Kokeman
Kokeman Posts: 822
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked this up at Sams the other day. I have never cooked this and was wondering how to. I was thinking low and slow.
IMG_0899.jpg

Comments

• UKMatt
    UKMatt Posts: 113
    Options
    Kokeman wrote:
    I picked this up at Sams the other day. I have never cooked this and was wondering how to. I was thinking low and slow.
    IMG_0899.jpg

That looks like a butterflied pork loin to me... in which case I wouldn't cook it low and slow as it is too lean...

I think I'd marinate and then cook direct until 140.

UKMatt
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I've cooked those many times. I believe they are the muscle that is on the small side of a bone in chop. So they cook pretty quickly. I usually rub them, and do them raised direct at about 300. Usually baste a bit towards the end.
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Kokeman....That is a great cut for a quick pork dinner. I can't find them often, but when I see a pack, I grab them. ;) You can grill them as they are, or you can cut into 1 1/2-2" wide "rib shaped" pieces. Your favorite rub, maybe some sauce at the end. ;) Definately not a low and slow IMHO. Cook direct, pull at no higher than 140* internal. Should be an enjoyable new cut for you. ;)
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    882e9ce4.jpg

porkloin.jpg

You'll like those, they come from the end of the loin, and the ribs that were removed are baby back ribs. In the east they are called country ribs (out west country ribs are cut from the butt of the shoulder). I agree with everyone else, grill them to 140° internal. You can cook them flat or it should fold back together.

73ee890f.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    :) thanks everyone looks like I was wrong again. But you guys set me straight again.