Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'll share if you share!

disabledDK
disabledDK Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, I was going through the archives for some chili recipes and noticed some talk about smoked salmon at eggtoberfest 03. I did smoked salmon. Here's my recipe: skin-on salmon fillets, place as many fillets that will fit on the egg into a non-reactive dish/pan or whatnot. Cover with kosher salt so you can't see the pink, then cover with dark brown sugar (very thick). Do not stack the salmon. Cover and place in fridge for at least 24hrs, 48hrs even better. The kosher salt and brown sugar will turn to a liquid-like consistency. Check every so often and spoon the puddling liquid over the top of the salmon. When ready, remove salmon from fridge and gently remove excess brine from fillets and place on platter until room temp. Get egg ready at 200-220 temp. Smoke indirect (I use upside-down plate setter). I prefer to use sugar maple chips, but cherry works just as well. Use at least 2-3 big handfulls. The salmon is usually done in about 3 or so hrs, depending on temp. fluctuation. When you start to see the meat barely split it is done. You may cook it less or more if prefer more dry or more moist. Serve warm, or cold. Last for a good while in the freezer. So, who wants to cough-up some good chili recipes for tonights dinner! Thanks and enjoy. DK

Comments