The daisy wheel didn’t seem to do much to regulate temp. I had to rely on the bottom door for that. [p]I was looking at the wheel and decided to take it apart. I found that the wheel sets around a nipple on the base. My wheel had some casting burs that didn’t allow it to set down around the nipple, leaving it to rest on top of the nipple resulting in a gap, about 1/16 to 1/8 inch all around the wheel. No matter how I adjusted it smoke freely escaped from the egg. After filing off the burs, enlarging the hole of the wheel, it sets snugly on the base and works very well.[p]The other thing I noticed was that the base rested on the radius where the chimney and dome meet. This raised the base so it didn’t set directly on top of the chimney, also allowing smoke and heat to escape from the bottom of the daisy wheel base. I got the trust hack saw out and took about ¼ inch off the bottom of the daisy wheel base. This allowed the base to set directly on top of the chimney, not on the egg's surface. [p]Before modifications the wheel wobbled around on the nipple because of the space between it and the base. The base would rock and slide on the surface of the egg. After modifications everything is resting on flat surfaces and doesn't move around, (except for being able to adjust the wheel). [p]I remember reading some postings about daisy wheels and temp control being difficult, maybe this could help. It did for me.