Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cathy Loup shines on Thanksgiving!!

Options
Toe 49
Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was an extra special Thanksgiving this year. For the first tim since her accident in early September my mother-in-law was able to come home for the day. All her kids and family members were there for the grand enterance. With help of a walker she was zipping abround this house with no problem. Also to celebrate the event I used the recipe from this website and did the butterfly turkey with mushroom stuffing. There we quite a few of us so I did a 25# bird in the BGE and we had another 20# one in the over. Needless to say the only leftovers were from the oven cooked bird. I was surprised at how quickly it cooked. I figured about 15 minutes/# so I thought about 6 hours. I put it on the BGE at 6:00 AM and it was done by 10:00. As with Cornfed, I didn't use my polder as I hauled the BGE down to her house and forgot the thermometer at home. Anyway, happened to check it at 10:00 and it was obviously done. Brought it inside, wrapped it to keep it warm and once we cut into it, it was devoured! Anyone who likes turkey and mushrooms should try that recipe. [p]Actually, this almost didn't happen. I was loading everything by myself so I needed to take apart the BGE. When I took out the fire box it was in about 5 peices. I previuosly had been split in 2 at the holes but this baby was shot....luckily I was able to piece it together well enough to cook the bird. My brother-in-law, who has a stove and fireplace shop in CT said he'll pack me up one from his store and ship it up to Vermont for me......
[ul][li]Butterflied turkey with mushroom stuffing [/ul]