Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When is the officially sanctioned Plano Fest?

HungryNephew
HungryNephew Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have some friends that moved out there last year. My wife mentioned that she wanted to go visit them in the spring. She asked me when I thought a good weekend would be. I said, "Hmmm, let me check my 'calendar'!"

Comments

• I don't think it's "officially sanctioned" but I suppose it could be called a "fest."

Here's what was posted about it.

Posted by: hornhonk on 2009/09/01 15:32:28

The "gathering" will still be held Nov. 7. This is NOT a Fest, but a meeting of Eggheads. The hotel I recommend is the Southfork Hotel. Southforkhotel.com. The address of the event is 1236 J. Ave. Plano, Tx. 75074. I have posted pics of the place and will again, shortly. Tom from the Ceramic Grill Store has been coaching me on this gathering, as has my BGE dealer,Alec, aka a4cart. Please give me your ideas and tips! So far we have some heavy-hitters signed on to be here.Spring Chicken, Spring Hen, SWOklaJerry, Photo Egg, Tjv, DOW,and Lake Conroe Egger. And maybe I can shanghai Mickey. It would really help me if I knew who else, and how many, may attend. I have 2 or 3 contingencies depending on the amount of people and the weather. We have 6-8 eggs commited so far. We need more!I know there are a lot of you that just lurk here on the forum. If you plan on attending please email me at hornhonk@sbcglobal.net and I'll put you on the list. This event is going to be held at the American Legion. It is a beautiful facility. Pics coming. They also have a professional kitchen for us to prep food, if needed.We can have a meet and greet Fri. in the bar, fully stocked ! if that's agreeable. The facilities were donated , but we must buy our drinks while on their property. Believe me, they are dirt cheap! Plus, it helps the Vets. I know I haven't covered everything, so please help me by asking questions! Sorry for being so long winded.
    Hornhonk...Steve

Hope to see you there.

Spring "Unofficially Uncertified" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Yes, it's still happening Nov.7, but it is a "Gathering", not a "Fest". We are working on a few things, but it is all falling into place.I'm compiling a list of attendees. Please email me with any questions or do it here. More details in a few days!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Thank you for all the work you are putting into this.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I forgot to mention the Texas Eggfest is in the Spring, like your wife mentioned. It's in Austin on April 24th I think.

Austin is a nice fun ride down I-35 from the DFW area so if your plans are for Spring, come on down. It's a real fest with 300+ Eggheads who are dead-set on having a good time.

Or just come to both of them.

Spring "Named A Season After Me" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    You are welcome, Mickey.
  • ok, I thought the fest was postponed until spring thus creating the Nov 7th event. So am I understanding that there are no plans for a Plano fest in the spring?