Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Yams

edited 4:13PM in EggHead Forum
What is the recomended cooking time for sweet potaters! They are large in size. Do you need to stick them with a fork, or just slice them in half and lay some butter inside and wrap with foil.
Any help would be appreciated.
John M

·

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    S10_07_9918_00_00.jpg
    <p />John M, Love Sweet Potatoes, So does DR. Chicken! I guess I've never paid much attention - the cooking time depends on what else I'm cooking. When I make ribs, I guess I put them on for about 3 hours at 250 degrees dome.

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    John M,[p]I like to slice almost in half lengthwise and 3 times across. Add butter in the slits and salt & pepper to taste. Wrap in foil and cook. For large, I'd use 1.5hr./350F, 2-2.5hr./300F, and 3-4hr/250F. Enjoy.[p]Spin

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    John M, forgort the part about how to prepare - I wrap in each in HD foil and add 1 tbls of butter for each potato.[p]C~W also posted an interesting variation - haven't made it yet but will soon.[p]

[ul][li]C~W's Sweet Potatoes[/ul]
    ·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    John M,
    The previous times are good. I like to add some brown sugar in addition to the butter.
    JimW

·