Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Yams

edited 6:07PM in EggHead Forum
What is the recomended cooking time for sweet potaters! They are large in size. Do you need to stick them with a fork, or just slice them in half and lay some butter inside and wrap with foil.
Any help would be appreciated.
John M

·

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    S10_07_9918_00_00.jpg
    <p />John M, Love Sweet Potatoes, So does DR. Chicken! I guess I've never paid much attention - the cooking time depends on what else I'm cooking. When I make ribs, I guess I put them on for about 3 hours at 250 degrees dome.

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    John M,[p]I like to slice almost in half lengthwise and 3 times across. Add butter in the slits and salt & pepper to taste. Wrap in foil and cook. For large, I'd use 1.5hr./350F, 2-2.5hr./300F, and 3-4hr/250F. Enjoy.[p]Spin

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    John M, forgort the part about how to prepare - I wrap in each in HD foil and add 1 tbls of butter for each potato.[p]C~W also posted an interesting variation - haven't made it yet but will soon.[p]

[ul][li]C~W's Sweet Potatoes[/ul]
    ·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    John M,
    The previous times are good. I like to add some brown sugar in addition to the butter.
    JimW

·