Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egghead And Didn't Know It

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just had to call a life-long friend to offer our condolences for the death of his son.

It has been some time since we last spoke. He mentioned that he bought a Big Green Egg last year and is having trouble learning how to cook on it. He knew we had a BGE but didn't ask for advice once he got his.

He did not know about the BGE Forum, the many accessories, links to helpful sites, recipes, lump choice, set-up techniques or anything. He was just learning as he went. Obviously, the dealer wasn't very Eggcited about training his customers.

The first thing I'm going to do is send him a card with the address to my Blog Site, and Grandpaw Grub's list of helpful links. Then I'm going to schedule a trip to show him a few basic things that he really needs to know. From there I'm sure he will find learning how to cook on the Egg much easier and definitely more rewading than it has been so far.

I strongly suggested he attend an Eggfest, perhaps the one scheduled in Mississippi next year. It's close enough to him and there are many Mississippi and Louisiana Eggheads who can show him how Egg'n is done. If not there I might be able to get him over to the Texas Eggfest. Either way, I can't let him struggle any longer.

He loves to make sourdough bread but hasn't tried it on the Egg yet.

So now we have another Egghead amongst us.

Spring "Out Of The Darkness And Into The Green" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments