Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Sauce Party - Favorite Sauce

Options
2»

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Now that you've gotten all this feedback, you are gonna have to send out a huge amount of invitations!
  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 61
    Options
    I noticed no one suggested Bull's-Eye. Is this considered a bad sauce on this forum? Have not tried one that we like better yet. Course, we haven't tried many either... :whistle:
  • jbrodie
    jbrodie Posts: 111
    Options
    Bone Suckin Sauce on ribs, Sweet Baby Ray's on chicken.
  • jonboy
    jonboy Posts: 163
    Options
    This sounds like a nice side table/demo for eggfests.
    It would be really interesting to see and try different sauces in one location.
    Has anyone tried this?
    jon
  • garwig
    Options
    My favorite is and has always been Johnny's Bar-B-Q sauce. This is a family owned business in Cullman, Alabama that is "KNOWN" for their sauce. It can be ordered from their website at www.johnnysbarbq.com.
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    Thanks Jon, The BBQ sauce party was my idea to get others to bring sauces so we could all sample and expand our tastes. I also planned on asking the guests to bring sides and desserts.

I have also thought about having a salsa party where you bring ingredients to make different salsas and while making them have cocktails, kind of gets a lot of people involved in making the evening fun and also allows everyone to get to sample different salsas. It is especially good if you have a garden with tomatoes and peppers that have all come in at once during August and early September. You can send people home with their own little jars of a salsa they like and the recipe. The bonus is you as the host get to keep a copy of any or all of the recipes.
  • valrune
    valrune Posts: 134
    Options
    That is a great idea! We have been doing that at our family reunion for the last 4 years and its a big hit!

The only problem is trying to get "grandma" to turn lose of her famous ______________ recipe,if you know what I mean ;) !
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    I guess that means I need a great big place to have the party at. Todd old buddy would you mind....... ;)
  • BBQbadge
    BBQbadge Posts: 35
    Options
    Bone Suckin' Sauce (Thicker Style) for ribs

For pulled pork, I use either a homemade Eastern NC style or sometimes a Western NC based sauce
  • BBQbadge
    BBQbadge Posts: 35
    Options
    AZRP wrote:
    Blues Hog for ribs and chicken, for pulled pork I use this western Carolina recipe. -RP

1 qt cider vinegar
    6 oz yellow mustard
    ¼ lb butter
    ¾ T salt
    ½ T black pepper
    ½ T cayenne
    Juice of ½ lemon
    ½ t sugar
    32 oz catsup

Cook at a simmer for 10 minutes.

This sounds yummy, kind of a hybrid Western NC (ketchup) and South Carolina (mustard) sauce?

There are really 2 distinct NC sauces (Eastern and Western styles, with western having the addition of ketchup/tomato) but I haven't seen mustard in any of the NC sauces (traditionally)
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Carnoivore Robust.

Patti
    Wichita, KS