Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed Bell Peppers

TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited 9:09AM in EggHead Forum
I really didn't know what I was doing. My lovely wife has to work tonight and I have a late meeting to attend so I thought this would be a good time to try my stuffed peppers. It didn't matter if I bombed or not and Susie doesn't like green peppers anyway.

I bought some Johnsonville Brat Italian Sausage and split them open; removing the meat.

2 large green bell peppers
Italian sausage
Spaghetti sauce
1/4 Cup Onion Diced
8.8 Toss in the micro wave Uncle Ben's Rice
Package of Mozzarella cheese, grated
Package of Parmesan cheese, grated

All I could find was Johnsonville Italian Brats six to a package.
I cut them open and removed the sausage. About the only thing that was measured was the onion. The rest was just kind of what looked right or good.

I browned the sausage and onions in a skillet.
Adding the rice which I nuked to the sausage and onions in a bowel I mixed in the parmesan cheese.

I cut the top off the peppers and removed veins and seeds.

With this mixture I stuffed the peppers. I added a layer of the spaghetti sauce to the bottom of my 9 X 9 inch pan and my stuffed peppers. I sprinkled on the mozzarella cheese on the peppers and added more speghetti sauce and added more cheese.

I should have added all of the speghetti sauce but didn't. Next time I will.

I did not know if this was a direct or indirect cook. I did indirect at 350 for 30 minutes.

Here are the ingredients with the spaghetti sauce missing

DSC00285.jpg

Cheesed

DSC00286.jpg

Sauced

DSC00287.jpg

Ready for the Peppers

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

Not bad for a first attempt

DSC00291.jpg
·

Comments

• NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Badda bing, dinner!
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    I've never use spaghetti sauce, but since we too like red wine that should make for a nice pairing.
    ·
  • I was just thinking of stuffed peppers the other day. I may give it a whirl pretty soon. Thanks for info.
    ·
  • Thanks for the post.
    It's always nice to see something different thst you've never made!
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Eggcellent idea!
    ·
  • Measuring makes me crazy! :angry: I like the idea of what I call feel cooking. Put in what you think is right and let it happen :ermm:
    ·