Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling a Turkey for the in-laws.... need advice

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got a 7 lbs breast only turkey that I plan to grill using my BGE. I've decided to use the Apple Brine receipe, but I am not sure how long I need to cook the turkey and at what temp. I plan on cooking the bird lying on the rib rack with a drip pan underneath... any suggestions are much appreciated. [p]FWIW, I've had my BGE for a few months now and this is my first venture into anything but steak/chicken, etc. [p]

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    joebeenimble,
    I cook them at 350° in a v-rack and drip pan until the breast reaches 160° and let rest for 30 minutes.It takes about 15 minutes a pound.I rub the outside of the turkey with olive oil and sprinkle with Tony C's.
    Larry

[ul][li]Turkey Breast[/ul]
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    YB,[p]Great minds think alike. That is exactly what I was thinking about doing. I mean exactly.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    drbbq,
    I cook them the same way every time...I guess I boring Ray.
    Looks like you guys had a blast in Plant City.
    Larry

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    YB,[p]Yeah we sure did have a good time. [p]I cook them many different ways. Sometimes I inject with 50/50 butter and cheap Sherry. Inject it again about halfway through. That's what I won my first ever BBQ contest trophy with. In 1991 the KCBS catagory was "poultry".
    [/b]
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ