Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brownies on the egg?

Options
Sooner Egg
Sooner Egg Posts: 578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
had finished with bbq chicken on the egg when our daughter said she wanted a brownie and ice cream for dessert, I convinced my wife(she didn't think this would turn out well, she said "smoked brownies?") to make up the brownies while I dialed the egg in at 350.....got the brownies started, plate setter legs down, brownies in a glass baking dish setting on the little green egg feet, approx. 40 minutes later we had brownies and ice cream, my wife is still shaking her head, she didn't think the egg could do it....she's a believer now

brownies on @ 350
DSC00873.jpg

approx. 40 minutes later
DSC00876.jpg

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Wait...I thought you traded your wife for the egg. :laugh:

Good lookin' brownies. Might have to try that myself.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    They look perfect. Now you're in for it, you will have to make dessert on the egg all the time!! Check out SSN686's pies below!

Faith
    Tampa
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL tell her if you can cook it in the oven and it will fit on the egg you can egg it :) why waste all that heat after cooking by just shutting it down. I through dessert on all the time :) it is done by the time you are done with dinner and cleaned up :) easy peasy :silly:
  • Sooner Egg
    Options
    my thoughts exactly, the egg is already heated, all smoke has long since been gone.....seemed like the perfect time for dessert and besides that why waste the electricity heating the indoor oven
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I do Brownies on the egg for my little girl quite often, especially since my local Kroger store bas been unloading the Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate variety at $.99/box. I normally use a Dutch Oven with lid Off.

Someone posted about a year ago that they keep some of the Toll House cookies that you just break off the chunk of dough, at the ready so they can plop on a piece of tin foil and throw on the egg while its cooling off, for their kids.
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    My wife will like that idea.
    I like the egg feet under the pyrex dish.
    Jon
  • SoDakEgger
    Options
    Brownies work great on the egg. It makes for a fun desert, especially when un-egg-ucated dinner guests are around.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Well, I decided to give this a try last night. I need to pay more attention though... forgot all about using my plate setter! I DID use a raised grid, but the bottom was a bit scorched. Took longer than it should have too, before the toothpick came out clean.

That said, I will definitely do this again! Quite tasty, even with the black bottom. This was my first attempt at baking on the egg - won't be my last!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut