Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini question

Options
egger66
egger66 Posts: 385
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to make pizza on the mini tonight and was wondering how much lump to use? I'm making eight 8" pizzas at 450*...will I need to add more lump during the cook?
Thanks

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Nope, you should be fine. fill it like you always do and cook away. if you do have to add a few chunks give them a few minutes to blow clear smoke :). got to luv that mini!!
    My copy and paste is not working in fire fox for some weird reason or i would stick a few of our mini pizza cooks on here :)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Filling the lump to the top of the fire box should give about 2.5 to 3.5 hrs at 450°.

How much lump you should use will depend on your setup.

We always see post saying I undercooked the top and burnt the bottom.

That problem is a matter of letting the egg stabilize and getting enough heat from the dome cooking the top of the pizza in relation to how much heat is being put on the pizza stone.

In any size egg once that equilibrium is found pizza cooks will always come out great.

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of your your set up and hearing how your cooks come out.

GG
  • egger66
    Options
    Thanks for help :)
    I'm using the mini woo with two 8" pizza stones....I'll post the pics this evening.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Stones, plural???

GG
  • Dave Shady
    Options
    I found that on our mini (did 16 pizzas and queasidias last weekend in a row)

Woo ring
    Stone
    cooking grate
    Stone

400 degrees after a good 30 minute pre-heat works out PERFECT on the lil guy. The grate inbetween the stones was better for me and crust than stone on stone.
  • egger66
    Options
    Thats the exact set up I'm going to use(with the grid). I've got 8" pizza screens but I havent decided on those yet...I dont use screens with my large because I have more room to use the pizza peel.