Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Oh, Help! Rusty Cast-Iron Pan

BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
edited 11:40PM in EggHead Forum
OK -- What's a guy gonna do to re-claim a rusty ole frying pan? :ohmy:

Any good links to recommend -- ? :unsure:

:whistle: Broc :ermm:

Hey Broc,

I have never had to use it yet but the author of this site seems to know what he is doing. Good luck.

• Cotton towel with cooking oil on it and wipe it down.
    I clean my cast iron after a cook with newspaper. Very seldom does water to clean ever touch my cast iron.
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 12,729
    David (panman) is good about answering emails too. Very prompt and informative the couple of times I have written.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

Central Connecticut 

• BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Thanks for the links!

I'm checkin' 'em out!

~ Broc
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 547
    Never done it but a cousin that I think knows what he's talking about says build an outdoor fire and shove a rusty cast iron skillet right into it. Says it's the best thing to do to recover a rusty skillet.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Cast Iron skillets can warp if you put it right in to a fire. Butthe fire won't get rid of rust anyway you need to wirebrush it and reseason it.