Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flat iron with fresh Rosemary

DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
edited 7:25AM in EggHead Forum
This is good.

1/4 cup balsamic
1/4 cup soy
1/2 cup of evoo
5 sprigs of fresh Rosemary crushed
1/2 head of garlic smashed

Put into a zip lock bag and marinate two hours or over night if you can wait.

Remove and brush off the rosemary if you want to and sear and cook as you would normally do.

I like to saute onion,butter and sh rooms to cover after the cook.

Picture will come after the cook.

002-35.jpg
·

Comments

• That sounds great, I wish I could buy flatirons around here.....I hear they have incredible flavor and are very tender
    ·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Hi Michael
    I almost got myself into trouble and I am glad that I read you comment again.At first I thought you traded your wife for a BGE.That would be a big mistake.
    ·
    That mix works very well with a pork tenderloin,flank, or skirt steak.
    ·
  • Hey Bill, you're right that would be a big mistake, it is hard to live without either one :P is the flat iron a special cut request? I have never found them anywhere here in Oklahoma City
    ·
    Just find yourself a butcher and tell him this cut comes just behind the shoulder of a cow.Each shoulder will yield about two steaks.It is located where the blade roast is just behind the shoulder.It used to be a cheap cut of meat like under two dollars a pound and now I have seen it priced at $5.99lb or more.
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Wow! What an upgrade from the flatirons I messed around with! Gotta try this one soon! Thanks.
    ·