Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FINALLY BACK From Troop Cook

CBBQ
CBBQ Posts: 610
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally made it back to St Louis from Fort Bragg, NC. An axil cap on my trailer somehow got knocked loose that delayed my return. The good news was that I discovered it Saturday night before heading back so I didn't tear anything up. The bad news was that I couldn't get a replacement until Monday afternoon.

I want to thank Gary, Jim, Michael, Doc and everyone who helped not only by being there but also contributing $ as well. There were a lot a lot of unforseen things that came up like the refrigeration unit freezing all of the potato salad and slaw solid as a rock. But everyone rolled with it and we got the thing off.

The kind of thing that brings it all home was that the Commander's wife told me that while I was there from St Louis to help cook her husband was in St Louis to bury one of his men.

Pete, thanks again for putting these things together.

Comments

• That the the SOC Commander's wife btw.. The 3rd SFG Commander's wife was there..

I am glad you got home safely..
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'm very glad that everything pulled together in the end. Great job to you and everyone that was involved in putting in the hard work to make that happen!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE