Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Found Largest Piece Of Lump & 2nd Largest Rock...

thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
... in the same bag. But the good news is that I've been insulation free for 4 or 5 bags. :laugh:

DSC08577bbb.jpg

DSC08810aa.jpg

DSC08812aa.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• slyrye
    slyrye Posts: 135
    The last bag of RO I got had huge pieces like that in it also, and that stuff sparked like crazy! Are you having any issues with it, besides the obvious?
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    This might be my largest so far.

d4ed99ed.jpg

That is a 1.75 bottle and a lg cap

I had hoped to meet you in Denver. Had a freekin blast with your cousin and friends though.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Haven't had a rock and a log at the same time. However:

CIMG621.jpg

That came out of a bag of "Frontier" (south american). There was also a branch in the bag that I had to put at the top of my medium fire box, because it was to wide to dit anywhere else.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Gee . . . an empty vodka bottle . . . wind blow it into yer yard? :whistle:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Ripnem
    You crack my A$$ up Dan. I guess I coulda used a full one. :laugh:
  • My R/O must come from a different plant. It comes in 10# bags and I have never got any insulation but I have got a few rocks. Hit and miss on the size of the lump most of the time it is average sized but occasionally get several very large pieces.
  • Ripnem
    I know how to break up the big ones, but haven't figure how to make the little tiny crap into usable sizes. I'm leaving the RO for a while and got me some Dragons Breath.
  • thirdeye
    No not really, but I get the USA stuff. Some RO comes from South America and it's sparky.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    Whoa, that is big. Even the Lazzari pieces aren't that big.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    i miss the maple leaf for the rocks, every bag had one it seemed, great for getting the geese off the dock. maybe they had bins of different weight rocks and were just trying to get the bags to weigh just right ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    you sure that rock did not fall from the sky when you weren't looking.....guessing 2x6 on the wood piece.

I need to get me some st. Pauli Girl.....

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Willie
    Willie Posts: 132
    I have a piece which 3 inches by 8 inches long, Royal Oak (USA ) Can't post a picture.
    You have good taste in beer, St.Pauli Girl.
    Willie
  • After I bought my Mini, I discovered the perfect use for those itty-bitty pieces (as well as the smaller bits left over after a fire in the Large).
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i have been getting some good bags from them lately.. not sure why but i am not going to complain.. i have not had a rock that big tho
    here is my biggest rock

03-24-20091.jpg

03-24-20092.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    Maybe that's coal u got? You been naughty?? :ohmy:
  • my last 2 bags of 10# american i got from wally world were INCREDIBLY sparky.

The south american RO gets a bad name, but I've had VERY VERY good luck with the paraguayan - in fact I think its better than the wally world stuff I get. Some of the chunks are as big as the wicked good, and just as hard and dense.

no insulation yet, but a couple rocks!