Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT - Chicago - out on THE LEDGE!!

mad max beyond eggdomemad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,133
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
still having a blast in chicago ....today we went up the sears tower (i still cant' bring myself to call it by its new name the "willis" tower) ... this summer they opened up 'the ledge' . ..3 plexi-glass 'boxes' up on 103rd floor sky deck that stick 4 feet outside the deck. ..plexi glass on all sides including the floor.. ..its like you are stepping out into space 1,353 feet above wacker drive!!!. ...it was just unbelievable. . .catherine, sam and i did it (sydney did not) ....i hope the pics do it justice. ..

here is a pic looking up at the sears tower from street level. .. .

cleveland-chicago09078.jpg

and zooming in on the glass boxes from street level. ..

cleveland-chicago09077.jpg

it was a spectacular, clear day in chicago. ...looking northeast towards the hancock building. ..

cleveland-chicago09093.jpg

and here i am out on 'the ledge' ... looking down 1353 feet between my shoes at the street below me!!!. ..pretty freeky. ...its like you are free floating. ..

cleveland-chicago09098.jpg

and here i am lying out in space. ...this was a favorite picture taking pose most people do there if they are up to it. .LOL. .

cleveland-chicago09100.jpg

and here is sam doing the same. .

cleveland-chicago09101.jpg

and here is me, catherine and sam. .. .out in space...

cleveland-chicago09104.jpg

and here are some pics of the boxes next to ours so you can get the perspective ....

cleveland-chicago09102.jpg

cleveland-chicago09107.jpg

and one more of the street straight down. . .

cleveland-chicago09106.jpg

without question, this was worth every minute of the 2 hour wait in line to get up there. .. it was the coolest thing ever!!!

Comments