Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

check out my new mates - stainless steel

glousteauglousteau Posts: 124
edited 4:01AM in EggHead Forum
I got my egg in January and got the plastic mates, thought they would be more durable than the wooden ones. It seems I always want to set something hot on them, but since they were plastic I was afraid they'd melt. So.....

I have a friend who has a friend who made me up these stainless steel mates. Just got them installed and they look great IMHO :) They go great with my other stainless tools from thirdeye (love that thirdhand, going to order another one actually)

2009-08-13-28_026.jpg

2009-08-13-28_027.jpg

2009-08-13-28_028.jpg

2009-08-13-28_029.jpg

2009-08-13-28_030.jpg

2009-08-13-28_031.jpg

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 18,968
    those look nice, but a word of caution - I see a small child's toy in the last picture so be sure he is taught to not touch those new shelves as they will get very hot in the direct sun. That's one of the drawbacks to S/S egg table tops.
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • BayouMarkBayouMark Posts: 284
    Is that a gasser I see in the background of pic 1? :whistle: The stainless is lookin good and I'm getting a third hand lifter. :woohoo:
    What part of Louisiana are you from?
  • glousteauglousteau Posts: 124
    Yep, gasser......its a great storage shed for my Eggcesories. Although I have used it twice since getting the egg, both times I had boston butts going and I needed to cook something for dinner

I'm originally from LaPlace, intersection of I-10 and I-55. Spent 6 great years @ LSU though.
  • BayouMarkBayouMark Posts: 284
    That's what a bunch of eggers do with their gassers. I'll be getting another large to cook quick when I'm doing a low and slow. LSU is a great school.

I do my thing in Lafayette. Work out of Opelousas Gen.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    That's COOL! B)
  • cahuckcahuck Posts: 31
    Please tell us about the aluminum can. Homemade guru? And nice mates!
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    They really look great.One question though.What is with the Miller Lite can at adjustable vent opening?Some new tip that I was not aware of?
  • glousteauglousteau Posts: 124
    That's the raincoat for my stoker fan. Got tired of getting out aluminum foil every time it "might" rain, so I cut a can and permanently mounted it, see pics

IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    That's a good idea although I think a Guiness can would have been a bit classier :laugh:
    That is a great example of the old saying."There's more than one way to skin a cat." Well done.You might want to make a separate post on that topic.
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    That my friend is a perfect example of Coon Ass Engineering!

Awesome.
    This is my make shift rain cap. A 8 inch Smokey Joe grate with 4 inch bolts and a 8 inch lid on top.Could even be a 10 inch one and would work.

001-42.jpg

Is time to start a new business.