Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our new Shop,

Options
"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in Off Topic
is almost complete :woohoo: We built this to store and work on our company trucks.It's only 40'x60',but it will be great for maintaining out tiny fleet :woohoo: We just installed the 2 post lift on Monday,and it's already getting used.Here's a few pics from the other night,when me and the bossman were havin a few beers :P

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Looks more like a big toy box. :woohoo:
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Yea Eddie,we're already using it for our own vehicles,and letting the big trucks stay out in the weather :ohmy: It does have a beer fridge already,but we still need to build "the office",meaning the A/C'd place with the TV :lol: It's gonna be great,and we'll use it more for our personal vehicles(Jeeps),than for the work trucks :woohoo: Still pretty cool :P
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Sparky,

Where are the vans dude?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Looks like the smokeshack has evolved :huh: :blink: :ohmy:
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    No vans here Steve,they stay at my house.This shop is for our big trucks(bucket truck,dump truck),and our skid-steer(TL140)and(crane,when we get it) :)
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Yea Pat,it's getting much larger huh? :lol:Three of us built this thing,and they were the same guy's that helped me with the smokehouse :) Pretty cool eh? :P
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    That looks like a man playroom. Where's the pool table and dart board?
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    All right, enough is enough. You are just spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.

First the patio that looked/looks like heaven in and of itself.

Now this. Life just isn't fair. The only thing I can say is there aren't enough toys on the one side. Jeeps don't count.

Now I can't figure which one I would want to take home with me. I'd love to have a car lift.

Pretty impressive!!!

Kent
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Ok Love the old red truck hidden in the corner and Neil wants a two post so bad he can taste it. when he built the new garage the roof is raised so he can put one in. but right now that 3 cars is housing 5 cars so no room to move GGGGRRRRRR I keep telling him if he got rid of a few he could get his lift and have room to move in there.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Very nice but you could get a lot of BGE's in there...sweet :woohoo:
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Hey Gene,the pool table is down the hill at the house :P It's on the back deck with the egg :woohoo:
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Come on Kent,what do you meen Jeeps don't count?We play with them more than all the other toys together :cheer: You are too kind,but this is for work.....really :whistle::lol: We just happed to work on alot of toys :silly:
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Hey Julie,I figured that you would be the one to spot the 49' GMC flatbed dump truck :P The lift will be used all the time,as we're alway's workin on the Jeeps :P It doesn't sound like Neil is ready to make room for a lift just yet :lol: Sound's like he's too attached to the cars :)
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I can see that.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Nice shop - looks like a few toys are stored there as well B)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

"We just happed to work on alot of toys"

That, I believe!!! :laugh:

I am jealous of the shop and can laugh at this. At one time when the kids were younger if I changed all the spark plugs in the motorized toys for our somewhat young family I would have had to buy 136 or so spark plugs. Wasn't too long after that I came to the realization one can really have too many toys. Yes, I love the shop. If I had a hitch on the car... :)

Speaking of cars (Jeeps), have you ever heard about a Death Wobble (DW) on Jeeps??

It has something to do with the front end. I am not sure if the DW has to do with just lift kits or on what model of jeep's.

I have been trying to solve a different problem on my G. Cherokee and came across a thread.

Kent