Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pork Tenderloin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I used a combo of Mr. Toad's and TNW's recipes, but substituted ingredients on hand to avoid a trip to the store. This meant smearing some "Tastefully Simple Rhubarb Strawberry Preserves" in the middle with some Granny Smith apple slices, closing it up, covering every inch of it with bacon, smearing some more Strawberry preserves on the outside, and cooking at 350 in a V rack over a drip pan.
For fun, I threw on a chunk of soaked Hickory. The juice that collected in the foil when I rested it for 15 minutes after cooking was great poured back over the top after slicing. Wonderful. That didn't stop my 10 year old from using ketchup, however.

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Petear,[p]Ok, I have to ask ... Did you use a loin or a tenderloin? Both Mr. Toad and TNW call for loin. I misread Mr. Toad's recipe and thought it called for tenderloin, til someone pointed out the error of my ways. I based my creations on Mr. Toad's but see TNW calls for using raspberry chipotle sauce, which I have been using also. So, which cut was it? This inquiring mind wants to know! LOL[p]Actually, I picked up the tenderloins on sale at Sam's awhile back when I went into sticker shock over the price of beef. I think the tenderloins were about $2 a pound and there were two, two pound tenderloins per pack. Course, then I added all the goodies for the stuffing (cashews, dried fruit, chipotle sauce, etc.).
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    petear,[p]ketchcup ??

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Mr. Toad,[p]Gotta get those vegetables into the kids somehow! Actually, I'm pretty much a ketchup fiend myself (tho not on q) and have always thought french fries are just an excuse to eat ketchup.