Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

XL lid

PlanoPokes79PlanoPokes79 Posts: 197
edited 2:46PM in EggHead Forum
doesn't seem to want to close and mate up correctly, has about a 1/2 inch mis-alignment. Lid is shifted to the back. Can't seem to adjust it out. Am I missing something??

Comments

• AshmanAshman Posts: 375
    Is it misaligned in the front and the rear? Could you post a picture?
  • BayouMarkBayouMark Posts: 284
    I remember a post where someone was talking about a misalignment in a XL and it boiled down to the hinge being installed upside down. If you assembled your egg, you may want to check this out.
  • I will check it tonight, was assembled by the dealer. thanks.
  • Make sure the bands are tight against the rim. May have to back off on the band nut/bolt and then push the bands into position.

Top band is not tight against the rim in this pic and dome wasn't seating correctly
    101_2613640x480.jpg

Loosened the top band, used a clamp in reverse, and then tightened - seated properly and hasn't moved in two years
    101_2462640x480.jpg

After moving band
    101_2616640x480-1.jpg

Here is a photo of the way the spring should be attached in case that is the issue
    101_1738640x480.jpg
  • Dealers sometime use the employees to assmble an egg.
    The best bet is to get the instructions from the mothership and follow the carefully. The xl is trickey.