Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

24hr Egg Marathon (w/pics)

slo-rydslo-ryd Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was a long week at work, so I couldn't wait to get the egg fired up. So much in fact that I planned a number of consecutive cooks starting yesterday afternoon about 2pm. A quick trip to Sams Club after getting off work at noon and we were ready to go.

The anticipation was killing Henry, he was anxious to get started. He helped me build a righteous pile of lump that would make the long haul.
EM1.JPG

Three racks of ribs went on about 2:30pm Saturday and came off about 7pm. They were quite delicious! (sorry no after pic they didn't last long) :whistle:
EM2.JPG

While the ribs were cooking, me and the wife slathered our butts :cheer: with yellow mustard and butt rubb and let them sit in the fridge. They went on just after ribs came off.
EM3.JPG
The small butt came off 13 hours later
EM4.JPG
The 9lb slab came off at 17 hours
EM5.JPG
Throw on a couple of fatty's for breakfast this week making it a bit over 24 hours on one load of lump with coals to spare.
EM6.JPG
Last pic of a sliced fatty and my favorite Martha Stewart knife. I figure with her past prison experience she ought to know her way around a blade B)
EM7.JPG
LBGE w/modified Whiz table, Webers and such.

Comments