Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Reflections on the Texas Eggfest

ravnhausravnhaus Posts: 311
edited 3:44AM in EggHead Forum
The following is a collection of photos and commentary on the very first Texas Eggfest in Temple, Texas.
Thanks to all the Egg tribe who helped give the "World Texas BBQ Cookoff" a much need boost and the crowd of hungry masses a much need taste of real food!
May we have another in the not too distant future.

[ul][li]Texas Eggfest 2003[/ul]

Comments

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    ravnhaus,[p]Yes, yes..that's how I saw it EXACTLY (uncanny..simply uncanny).
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    ravnhaus,[p]Absolutely Fabulous!!! Thanks so much for the memories.[p]Mike
  • ShooshShoosh Posts: 19
    ravnhaus,[p]I really enjoyed reading about your adventures in Temple. Sorry I didn't make it last weekend, however, thunderstorms and the threat of hail and tornadoes prevented me from leaving my wife and daughter alone at the house. Reading your text was just like being there. Thank you for giving us the scoop on the eggfest. I will try to make it next year or whenever the next fest will be.[p]Shoosh
  • haywyrehaywyre Posts: 165
    ravnhaus,
    Thanks for the Play by Play.

• GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
    ravnhaus,[p]Excellent work O man on the street! Thanks for documenting our historic event in downtown Temple. May the aroma of smoking hickory be ever present in the Ravnhaus.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
  • ChrisChris Posts: 148
    Shoosh,[p]Too bad the weather turned bad last weekend. Would have loved to have gone so I could quit asking stupid questions here! It's a pretty drive from the Houston area to Temple, but not a particularly easy one. Hope there's another Texas Eggfest soon.[p]Chris in Pearland, TX (appreciating the wonderful photos)

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    ravnhaus,
    Thanks....Great story and pictures.
    Larry

• ravnhaus,
    Absolutely true. Every word of it. You had me re-living every delightful moment of our first Egg Fest. Thank you for putting such a great day to print.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,400
    ravnhaus,
    You are a true master of storytelling. Thanks for that!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings