Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nephews Birthday Cook

Options
Panhandle Smoker
Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My nephew requested that I cook for his 16th Birthday. So being the good uncle that I am I cooked his favorites. 3 slabs of ribs (Carwash Mike style) finished off with Sweet Baby Rays. A pot of brisket n beans (a version of one of CWM delights) and 20 chicken quarters seasoned with Adobo and Tony's and finished with Sonnys Sweet Sauce. Sorry no finish pics I was running a little late and the animals were ready to eat. :laugh:

IMG_6999.jpg
IMG_6998.jpg
IMG_7000.jpg

Comments

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :woohoo: sure looks satisfying
    How many did u cook 4? That would fill up most 16 year olds, but what did u eat :whistle:
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    There was about 10 15-16 year old boys and a few adults. They wanted enough for left overs tonight after the 450 year Birthday celebration of Pensacola. :)
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Wow that's some gub....the ribs and chicken look great but I'm holding out for the baked beans :woohoo: Made a pot myself today for tomorrow's rib cook.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice Uncle Eddie!! Da kids rule at whatever age. Heck look at us, we rule, hehe :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    The nephew loves Egged food. He refused to eat left overs until he got left over Egg food. :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I remember that moment with my son!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Eddie,

I'm sure it was all wonderful. I understand about the pics. I hardly ever do plating pics, because the family is ready to chow by the time its ready.

I'm always amazed at the great shots folks on the forum take, from raws to plated. I am usually working just to make sure everything gets done correctly! :blink:
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I am not very talented in the plating Dept. Nor does it do anything for me at home. When dinner is ready I just like to eat. :) Special occasions excluded and then turned over to the wife for presentation. :laugh:
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Those are basically Carwash mikes recipe but I used brisket and Sonny's Sweet sauce. They are very good and the flavor I have been looking for.