Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fridge cleanout

Options
thegrillster
thegrillster Posts: 348
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
17th grandchild born yesterday so I sent the smokin hot JanaKay(my wife) to Ft Lauderdale to help out.

So instead of doing a humungous new cook i decided to clean the fridge.

Came up with some crusted tilapia. Threw together some onions, spinach, mushrooms, green pepper in new veggie grill pan,($10 from Menard's), and poured a bit of evoo with garlic soaked in it over the veggies and grilled them.

Salad was more spinach and fresh tomato picked from the garden today.

Of course a cold beer pulled it all together.

Nothin fancy but mighty tasty.

Tried some Kroger lump and was pleased with it. Very hot fire in a short time.

Love this eggin!
[imgsize=150]3photo.jpg2photo.jpg[/img]

Comments

• JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Options
    Wow, 17 grandkids! Congratulations. Always cool to do a "clean out the frig, see what you can find" kind of meal. Sounds great, good luck with the newest addition to the family.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Grillster....We are in Hollywood, FL....next town over! If your wife needs an egg fix, let us know!!! Be glad to meet another egger!!!! :laugh: Of if there is anything we can do for the new family, let us know as well!!! Honestly! :)
    email littlechef@bubbatim.com
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I love those impromtu cooks!!
    Great job1
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • thegrillster
    Options
    Thanks so much for the offer. Love this eggin community.

Did not realize you and Bubba Tim were a pair. Very cool.

I will relay the info to my wife. I think she will be somewhat busy but you never know.

Thanks again.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Nice! You can come cleanout my fridge anytime but be careful if you are near Stike's frig - he has stuff in there that the Smithsonian are still trying to carbon date.