Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ms,Diane Update

Options
Poppasam
Poppasam Posts: 440
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We finished chemo monday and radiation tuesday for this go around. Blood work in two weeks and another MRI in four to see what the treatments have done and see what is next. Being tired seems to be the worst side effect with a little nausea. We cooked Dillard a few weeks back and it sure tired her out but it boosted her spirits to no end. We had a great weekend. We hope and pray that we will keep progressing and be back out with the BBQ and EGG Family doing what we love to do. Cook and have Fun.

We would like to Thank All of You for your Good Thoughts, Prayers, cards, e-mails, calls, and well wishes. We know we are a part of a Great Family of BBQ Folks and Eggheads that we plan to be a part of for many years to come.

Thanks Again,
Diane and Sam Grogan
Ms.D and Poppasam
Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    I'm glad to hear Diane is feeling some better. Keep the thoughts positive Sam and give her a hug from all of us.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Sam, thanks for the update. Will I see you Sunday?
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and Diane, hope things start looking up for the both of you. Keep your spirts up. Will be praying for both of you.

Patti
    Wichtia, KS
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Best wishes for a quick recovery! Blessings on both of you.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    God bless Diane, we are praying for the shortest recovery possible. -RP
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You and your family are in my prayers. I hope for a quick recovery.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hi Poppasam,

I'm wishing Ms. Diane the best in the weeks ahead so please keep us posted on how she is doing as well as yourself.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Good to hear. Several folks in the judges tent were asking about you and Diane at Greenwood. They all sent their best wishes. Hope I see both of you in October.
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Poppasam, I must have missed your original post on Diane so I am not sure what she is getting treated for. My family and I wish you both good luck and our prayers. With Chemo it is very, vary important to make sure the patient drinks at least 2 quarts of water a day starting a day or 2 prior to a Chemo treatment and for the following 3 -4 days after treatment. Mouth sores can also develope so make sure she uses only a alcohol free mouthwash like "Tea Tree Therapy" and a dry mouth toothpast like Biotene. My wife and I have a lot of good Chemo tips as she is currently undergoing Chemo for breast cancer. If you need any information just send me a e-mail.
    God Bless
    John
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :( So sorry to hear 2 lady eggers with breast cancer. Best wishes for full recovery for both of you.

ATTENTION Eggheads: Ladies do your Breast Self Exams monthly and get annual Clinical Breast Exams and recommended Mammograms. Gentlemen, make sure they do this. Breast Cancer is Cureable if caught early!!