Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Steaks and Skillets

dublindublin Posts: 140
edited 1:35PM in EggHead Forum
About to try out my new cast iron skillet tonight.
I am doing two steaks, i am going to heat up the skillet put some garlic butter in followed by steaks....
Now.. After i sear in the skillet for 90 sec each side than take off skillet and rest for 20 minutes. should i put steaks on grill at @400 or back on skillet???
thx
dublin

Comments

• dublin,
    be careful not to burn your butter while searing, and note, if your butter burns your garlic may be rather bitter, I'd suggest using 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil if your gonna procede with that technique. You may want to look at doing your steaks TRex'ed then drizzle garlic butter after your steaks are cooked so your butter and garlic flavors will be more subtle.

• bbqbethbbqbeth Posts: 178
    dublin,
    I'd sear them on the grill a short time, maybe 1.5 min. a side..get a yum sear mark.
    sounds good!

• dublindublin Posts: 140
    Wil,
    Awesome idea
    Thx wil do (no pun intended)
    dublin