Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2.5 inch firering

emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
edited 11:43PM in EggHead Forum
Ok
I visited my daughter in Highlands NC and the Ace hardware had a 2.5 inch firering for 49.95. They were getting ready to close and I didn't get a chance tgo ask if it was for the XL or Large. Anyone aware of this?
Not sure if it would be useful other than geting you closer to the lump.
E

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    The short firering is for the large and it's used with the three tier grate system.
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Should have bought it. I have the 3 ring and have not used it much because of the height in the dome. I think I will have my daughter get it and UPS it to me.
    Thanks
    E
  • Dave ShadyDave Shady Posts: 247
    I have one that I leave in all the time. Its right ontop of the firebox that way when I put the tall one back ontop of it the cook grate is at the PERFECT HEIGHT for grillin.

Then when I use the 3tier I only have to take out the taller one and im goooood to go! We have also used it as the only ring to sear and cook steaks it works good.
  • I should have known "The Wolf" would have a great answer.

I use the short one in place of the 4" for doing vertical roasted Turkey.... gives me more "headroom" in the dome... works great. Also use it WITH my 4" to raise the grid up a bit higher for direct cooks. With this setup I've never burned anymore chicken or burgers.

Can "The Wolf" explain or show me a pic of this "three tier grate" setup?

"You're sending The Wolf!?... That's all you had to say!" - Jules Winfield, Pulp Fiction
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Big Green Egg

Under accessories.