Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

brisket

poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
edited 7:47PM in EggHead Forum
about how long would a 4 lb flat brisket take to cook using a plate sitter and temp @ 200.
Thanks
·

Comments

• I usually do brisket flats - about that size. At 200 it will take forever. I usually do mine at 225 until it gets out of the plateau, then I crank it up to 250 or so until it his 190. Cook time ranges between 9 and 11 hours.
    ·
  • Really good

FinishedandalotofSlices.jpg
    ·
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,342
    I also think that 200 is too low. I would cook it at 225-250 grid temperature. I usually allow 1.5 to 2 hours for a brisket - so 4 pounds would take 6 to 8 hours.
    Barry Lancaster, PA
    ·