Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Alder Planked Strawberry Mozzarella Crostini

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After getting on the scales this morning...just back from the holidays..... I decided to go easy on the cooking.....& my wife had a great idea....

The raws JL style..........

DSCN5370.jpg

350 Dome......Put the alder plank on... then the sesame seed baguette with the cheese to melt...about 8 min......out & added fresh basil leaves from the garden & strawberries in balsamic vinegar..on the Mini again.......just for a little while..until bread darkens a bit....

DSCN5371.jpg
DSCN5373.jpg
RSCN5377.jpg

We had a glorious sunset......so I would like to share it with you..........................................

Sunset & Crepe Myrtle...........................

DSCN5379.jpg

Sunset & Bottle Palm..............................

DSCN5383.jpg

Sunset & Gingko Biloba............................

DSCN5385.jpg
·

Comments

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Beli,

Do you ever eat a plain ham sammy, or a cheesburger? :laugh:

You the man! I think you could put together a mean cookbook. Your cover alone would sell millions.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Hey mi amigo.............yes love sammys & burgers... :laugh: ....we're behaving today..... :P
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Beautiful cook, mi hermano! One question, how can they be light if you eat all eight of them. :whistle: :woohoo:
    ·
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my dear friend......... ok since you insist.......had the light on all the time.......... :laugh: really looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta.
    ·
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    Wow Beli, looks alot like paradise. Nice food too!
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Dangit Beli. That is my favorite and I can't find those planks here. Stop with the teaseign pics. Looks great!!
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    p.s. Great sunset!! Did you get to see thw full moon a few days ago?
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hi Beli,

If thats how you eat after the holidays, I can't imagine how you ate during them. :woohoo:

Great photos Sir!

Gator

·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Beautiful sunset and dessert but what was for dinner? :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Excellent, Beli. My wife gave me some alder planks for Father's Day...I know just what to do with them now.
    ·
    TKS Graham.......just very simple & tasty....
    ·
    Molly....wasn't it great.......I was driving back from the states at the time.....
    ·
    Molly.........we'll get you some in Atlanta.....
    ·
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: here you go mi amigo... :whistle:
    Vale doesn't like lobster for the time being........

RSCN5272.jpg
    ·
    :laugh: :laugh: Pat...do you always have to ask?????? :laugh:
    ·
    Brad............the alder smoke is delicious.........
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    I have just found my next favorite dessert!! That looks great Beli I am going to try it.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
    Dale the plank adds some really good flavor to the cook.
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Holidays? Did I miss taking some time off from work? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ahhhh Mi amigo, those look great and
    BTThumbsUp.jpg
    You could also put some pizza sauce on them then add your cheese and topping. I am sure Val would be all over them. Your not allowed because your on a diet. (I'm not allowed either) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: See you in Atlanta...
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
    Hey Tim you & Little Chef are up early today.......TKS buddy & have a great sunday........are you cooking in Atlanta??
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    LC awake? ROFL that you think LC is awake. :woohoo: The sun will be high in the sky over Mexico before she is out of bed. We are both cooking in Atlanta. I will be doing a cooking techique from Pakistan on the egg.
    Shhhhh.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    :pinch: :S :huh: I wish I could sleep past 5 :(
    and stay up later than 9 :(
    ·
  • Hey Beli;
    As always a great lokking cook, did you soak the plank?

CVD
    ·
    Yes Chris......I soaked it for about 1 hr.......you've got mail buddy
    ·
    I become a little bit like that on weekends... :unsure:
    ·
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    With so many replies already last night it seems silly to add my two cents this morning, but man, those really look great! ...and the sunset... so beautiful. I think what I like about egging the most is that it pushes us all to be more creative!...very nice. :)
    ·
    Julia your reply and kind words are very much appreciated TKS. It's true egging brings out some hidden qualities from all of us which otherways we wouldn't know we had them. ;)
    ·