Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large and Mini cook tonite

Options
rosros
rosros Posts: 408
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On the large, baked a Gino's personal sized deep dish pizza. Along side the pizza is a spaghetti & meatball casserole.

aug7cook004.jpg

On the mini, chicken wings with Famous Daves rub and Sweet Rays sauce.

aug7cook002.jpg

Nice smoke infused pizza and casserole. I was surprised how deep into the pizza and casserole the smoke penetrated.

aug7cook005.jpg

Now to get psyched up for the overnite butt.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Dude, wow!! Tell me about the spaghetti bake. Looks friggin fabulous! Also, how'd you do the deep za? I'm thinking it started out in a deep pan then pulled for direct.
    Your cook has soem veggy in there. The mater sauce :laugh:
    Nice post.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Do the "other guys" know just how good we eat?

Nice cook!
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    The pizza is frozen from Gino East. Ginos is one of the best deep dish pizza parlors in Chicago. Their frozen pizza is fairly close to their restaraunts. They are pretty proud of it.

Spaghetti casserole is assembled like a lasagna. Use you fav spaghetti sauce. This time I used Rao's Southern Italian Pepper and Mushroom. Add to the sauce some ground beef, ground Italian sausage, bacon (key), garlic, green pepper, and onion. I did not have any ground beef handy so I used some preprepared meatballs halved. First layer spaghetti/sauce, layer of smoke provolone cheese, layer spaghetti/sauce, top layer of mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese. This also taste better the next day when all of the ingredients mend together more.