Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First T-Rex (lots of pron)

Options
Sundazes
Sundazes Posts: 307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my first T-Rex on my MBGE this weekend. They were awesome. Seared for 90 secs a side at about 675.

Temp is right
613007631_mz8gs-M.jpg

Where there is smoke:
613007176_Ep7Nc-M.jpg

There is fire
612971042_BzSUh-M.jpg

The flip side
612971216_ddTs7-M.jpg

At rest
612971911_gg7tS-M.jpg

The side
612971771_Sr9KM-M.jpg

Sorry, no plated pics. We just ate. After the rest for 20 mins, the ribeyes went back on until med. I will definitely do this again and again. Best steaks we ever had.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Congrats!

But where's the pics of the steak to make us all drool!
    :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Sundazes
    Options
    Oops. It is fixed. I hit submit instead of preview....
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Great lookin beef Sundazes...have tried all the 'other' methods but I settled a long time ago on the T-Rex method..it just makes the best steak for my taste and basically is the only way I do them now.. the only mod I now use is the spider in my Large with the CI grate from my small to get them down next to the coals for the sear...then I add the std grate for the final cook...looks great!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thanks, now I am drooling! :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Those are nice looking ribeyes,How many hairs left on the arm?

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Sundazes
    Options
    rsmdale wrote:
    Those are nice looking ribeyes,How many hairs left on the arm?

All of em. :whistle:
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Niiiiice! I did the same cook, on a medium, last night also. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting, i.e., taking the pics, as I was in a hurry. Looks just like mine!!!