Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thighs legs n wings

Options
llrickman
llrickman Posts: 654
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A friend of mines Bday is this weekend and she asked me to cook for her.She has marinated some thighs legs n wings in a soy sauce,garlic,7up concoction she has.

Ive done whole chickens since i got my egg but not pieces

Whats the best way to go about it? direct high temp? 400 deg? im just not sure

Im gonna be doing some of it on my egg but then will do the rest when i get there on their charcoal :(
2 LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    do it all on the egg and throw it in a prewarmed cooler then when you get there (if it isn't far) you can have food server then... that way you get to spend more time with your friends... plus you don't have to smell up the place with some lighter fluid!!

that is what i would do!!!

i would also go indirect with the wings on later than you start your thighs and legs!! 300 ish would do take you about a hour or so to get the wings to temp put the thighs and legs on about 45 min earlier..

but i hope this happens on saturday even then it might be a little early to put things into a marinade ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb