Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Eye for steaks

Options
Luvs to shoot clay
Luvs to shoot clay Posts: 774
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are a couple of shots of the steaks I cooked last night. We had a few people over and I didn't get shots of the finished product but it was great. I can't believe we ate so much.

The Package, Check out the price, 6.99 USDA Prime from Costco.
IMGP0410.jpg

Trimming the beast.
IMGP0411.jpg

Cut into steaks.
IMGP0413.jpg

Marinated overnight in 3/4 Soy sauce and 1/4 Worchestershire for extra flovour.

IMGP0414.jpg

Hot tubbed and then T-rexed, sorry I didn't get the finished shots...use your imigination.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    My imagination sees lots of smiling people with quick knives and forks. :)

A few places around me have started offering those big whole portions. One will cut for free, the other charges. How did you cut them? They look pretty even. Just a sharp knife and steady hand?
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    The steaks look great - need to see'em cook and plated bet they were great!
  • StoicDude
    Options
    Great looking steaks. B)
    I am not agreeing with the soy/ Worchestershire sauce. Prime beef usually needs just salt and pepper.
    Just my opinion. :P
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    nice touch, trimming the tail off. i don't know i'f i'd have marinated it, but life is long enough to try things more than one way, right?

next one you do, you gonna age it?

prime, 6.99 a pound. i gotta see if costco carries that around here. that's ridiculously good
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    I know that the marinate is over kill but they are really awesome, great flavor and nice and dark on the outside.
    In the meat counter the prime steaks are 9.99 a pound but when he brings one out, he smiles and says he made me a good deal. I agree.
    I just cut them to thickness with a sharp fillet knife I used to use when I fished some. I usually cut different thickness since my wife doesn't eat as much as I do. Package them one thick and on thin.
    Again, sorry for not posting the after pictures. I think I sold at least one new egg last night.

Try the marinate sometime. I don't think you will be disappointed.
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Really eggsighted after reading all the posts this morning about dry ageing.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i don't actually have anything against marinating them, it's just that i never see prime around here, so i'd go salt-n-pepper only, myself. choice i would give it a try. if i find a costco that carries the stuff (prime) i may get so blase about it that i will marinate it too. hahaha
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante